Trip to Reykjavik, Iceland
Katie contacted me when she was starting to plan a girls trip to Iceland and I was so excited. Iceland is one of my bucket list destinations and I was so envious during the entire planning process. Katie is the owner of 97 Films and is always posting amazing videos and images from her work and travels!
- What destination did you travel to and why? Iceland; the Northern Lights are on our bucket list
- What was your favorite activity? Walking down Laugavegur checking out all the bars and restaurants!
- What was your favorite restaurant or food item during your trip? Soup (with bread bowls) from Svarta kaffið
- What is a memory from your trip you will always remember? Eating Puffin at the Iceland Bar or relaxing at the Blue Lagoon
- What tip(s) would you give others planning a trip to this destination? – The South Coast Waterfalls Bus Tour was 9 hours long and we spent most of it on the bus or at random gift shops. We spent 20 mins at each waterfall…kind of disappointed about that but the views were super cool. Wish we could have had more time at the actual destinations
– The taxi from the airport to the hotel wasn’t that expensive…$150– Everything is kind of expensive. Forget about buying t-shirts or sweatshirts to bring home.– We tried puffin. It was interesting. Not a must do…but cool to say we did it.– Weather didn’t cooperate but it wasn’t as cold as I thought it would be. Gray/overcast skies the whole time. Hardly saw any sun– Blue Lagoon was soo fun. Even though it is the tourist place in Iceland it was so worth going– Grand Hotel was a short walk to downtown and we didn’t mind it. The streets downtown are so narrow, you think the cars are driving on the sidewalk. So we’re glad we didn’t have to stay downtown and get stuck if the bus or car were trying to pick us up or drop us off– If you’re a fan of beer, Skuli bar is a must do! Wish we would have found that before the last day of the trip– There’s an amazing soup place that your mind will be blown. It’s a restaurant and they only have two kinds of soup (meat/veggie) and they serve it in a bread bowl. It was always packed when we went there– Everyone speaks english!
- Why did you choose to work with a travel agent? I wanted an expert’s recommendation on travel schedule and excursions
- How was the communication during the planning process? Awesome!
- What was your favorite part of working with a travel agent? Shelbi took care of issues while we were on our trip so that we didn’t have to worry about it when we got home
- How could I have assisted you better? What would you like to see improved? Shelbi did an amazing job with accommodating all our requests!
Thank you so much Katie! Can’t wait to see more images and videos from your trip!