FINEST RESORT – PLAYA MUJERES
I have had the awesome opportunity to work with Andi on many different occasions and was delighted when she contacted me to help her plan a getaway for her and her husband. Andi and Greg celebrated their anniversary in a tropical paradise!
All photos and comments are Andi’s!
- What destination did you travel to and why? We ultimately decided on Playa Mujeres after considering Key West due to the cost, and having in room swimming.
- What was your favorite activity? My favorite activity was lounging in the big beautiful beach beds, but my husband enjoyed deep sea fishing.
- What was your favorite restaurant or food item during your trip? Our favorite restaurant of our trip was by far Le Petit Plaisir located within our resort.
- What is a memory from your trip you will always remember? We spent so much time at our own swim up pool, and had so much fun just relaxing and drinking in our own personal hammock!
- What tip(s) would you give others planning a trip to this destination? I would HIGHLY recommend the swim up suite, and the adult only section (if applicable) of our resort. In regards to the activities such as deep sea fishing, I think it would be best to let people know that they are more than an hour away from the resort. So something that we had planned for the morning, actually occupies an entire day. It’s something to consider if you plan on doing multiple activities at the marina. My other recommendation for staying at Finest, would be to provide dining recommendations perhaps. We are big foodies, and have truly been spoiled by the cuisine we have been able to enjoy, but the resort dining was overall unimpressive. I recommend for foodies to visit Bistro and Le Petit for dinner, and to be very specific perhaps when ordering your remaining meals from other places. We strived to try a new place for each meal, and didn’t find our favorites until the last 2 days ha! I know everyone’s palettes are different, but perhaps for those looking for exceptional dining experiences some preferences could be made.
TRAVEL SERVICE REVIEW
- Why did you choose to work with a travel agent? I am an extreme planner by nature, but traveling to a new location for us was too intimidating for me. I didn’t have a lot of friends or family who had been to any of the locations we were considering so getting that outside perspective was awesome.
- How was the communication during the planning process? AMAZING! There wasn’t a question that went unanswered, and there were definitely a ton of them!
- What was your favorite part of working with a travel agent? The customized experience of our trip by far surpassed by expectations. This was an anniversary trip, and Shelbi made sure to contact them to inform them. I was amazed at how detailed everything was, I never had to question “who are we looking for” or “where should we go”. Right down to the Llamas agent’s wardrobe, the instructions were WONDERFUL! Which is amazing for our first real out of the country experience. Secondly all of your communication with the hotel was so well received. We had an anniversary banner on our door, flowers, balloons, and we received a special dinner! The only thing missed was our liquor requests, BUT we told them upon our arrival and they switched it out immediately. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING! I can’t thank you enough!
- How could I have assisted you better? What would you like to see improved? I have absolutely no improvements for working with you, I will continue to do so in the future!
- Any other comments? I am beyond ecstatic with the service of both you, and the venue we selected, we hope to go back every year, and look forward to working with you again!!!
Thanks Andi! Can’t wait to see where you go next!